10/22/2006

Tell Me What You Want

If I could have one wish
I would wish you happiness
To be able to cry
And laugh
To know real love when it shows
I would wish upon you
Every thing you want
To have a life of your own
To smile at the sun
To be able to see the stars again
And take in the warmth of the moon

But wishes are not real
And all I have to give is me
I can not make you cry
Or open your eyes
Laughter is beyond my power
And the stars only fade when I am near
I take the smile out of your heart
And every thing you want is lost
The moon is cold to your skin
And I am just hurting you more
Love is blind to you no matter what I do

So should I stay?
And try harder
Push myself upon you even more
Only to be pushed away again
To love you stronger
To show you dimmed stars
To hug you in the moon light
And try to squeeze out tears
To tell jokes with an empty heart
And stand by while you shut me out
Or should I just leave?

1 comment:

Christopher said...

That was really emotional, the meaning almost makes me want to cry. It has so much meaning and the image is just pure beauty.

Words of Wisdom

  • Wicked, By Gregory Maguire
  • Son of a Witch, by Gregory Maguire
  • Lockpick Pornography, by Joey Camaeu
  • Extemely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer
  • The Book Theif, by Markus Zusak