10/11/2006

Monkey in the Zoo

I am a monkey.
A plain and simple monkey
With no particular plan
And no particular agenda
Just a monkey

When I speak
You see a talking money
And star in awe at the wonder
A talking monkey! You exclaim
What a treat indeed

When I do tricks
You are just as amazed
I dance and twirl for your entertainment
But when the show is over
What happens then?

It is hard for you
To understand that a being other than yourself
Is capable of things such as reading, and speaking
But I assure you
This is wrong, I am a monkey after all

And when I say something smart like
Your eyes flick
And your ears perk
Did that monkey say the right answer? You ask
Yes, yes it did.

No comments:

Words of Wisdom

  • Wicked, By Gregory Maguire
  • Son of a Witch, by Gregory Maguire
  • Lockpick Pornography, by Joey Camaeu
  • Extemely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer
  • The Book Theif, by Markus Zusak