6/04/2007

Empty Thoughts

I think
You need to dance in the rain
Is it raining where you are?
With clouds the color of ash
And warm water that seeps
The sun not daring to peak
As you feel the mud in your toes

I think
We need to hold hands
Should I come to you?
Or would you rather leave your home
And wrap your fingers in mine
Feeling the warmth of my palm
And realizing you never really left home at all

I think
You need to laugh
At nothing in particular
Just let it out and listen
As your voice sings to the world
Joyous yet not sure why
And the notes fill your like nothing else could

I think
You need to cry hard
Curl up in a blanket
Stare out the window
And push those tears down your cheek
And when your eyes finally dry
I will be there to tell you it’s alright

I think
You need someone
To listen to you when you have nothing to say
And to dance in the rain with you
To tell you it will be okay
And to hold your hand
As tears come down your porcelain face

I think
You need something more
Than what I can give
But until then I will stay
By your side and with an open ear
Until you find what it is that’s missing
Until you figure out what it is that’s holding you back

2 comments:

NateTheBum said...

welcome back!

Christopher said...

This always makes me smile.

Words of Wisdom

  • Wicked, By Gregory Maguire
  • Son of a Witch, by Gregory Maguire
  • Lockpick Pornography, by Joey Camaeu
  • Extemely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer
  • The Book Theif, by Markus Zusak