Future of clouds
I don’t know I want
But I sprint on wards
To school beyond
And away from here
To new faces
With a new name
A fresh page
And my favorite pen
I write the story
Of a little girl
Growing up with
Cuts and bruises
Just like everyone else
And as I script
Out this familiar life
I try not to fade
From life as I know it
Wipe the tears away
Thank you for
Putting them there
And hope for
Another day, another rain
And another chance
To write this all down
Past of shadow
I fear so much
And I run away
Instead of facing
Another day here
Wish it wasn’t this way
But I am much
Too tired to push
Any harder, to want
Any more. And when
The storm comes
I welcome it
Dancing in the rain
Imagining you in my hand
With a smile on your face
And words we both know
Aren’t true. But we will pretend
For my sake and
Maybe even yours
To see the clouds that aren’t there
And taste the rain
That isn’t falling
Hey there Delilah
Are you listening to me
To what I have to say
I swear you haven’t
Heard it before
Not the same old speech
I rewrote it with new meaning
And I hope you understand
This time around
And take what I say
To heart. Never forget
This was all because
Of you. Never deny
I did it all for you
And what you did
For me will never
Leave my mind
Not even for a moment
Not even for another
You are forever
And always will be
My first and only
Remember that
When I am gone
To a future of clouds
I know I don’t want
And away from this
Past of shadows
I fear so much
6/05/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Words of Wisdom
- Wicked, By Gregory Maguire
- Son of a Witch, by Gregory Maguire
- Lockpick Pornography, by Joey Camaeu
- Extemely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer
- The Book Theif, by Markus Zusak

No comments:
Post a Comment