1/12/2007

Can You Hear the Dead

Silence can echo
I swear it can
Louder than any heartbeat
And making more impact than the gunshot

After the smoke has lifted
It settles heavily

Silence can echo
I swear it can
And when the carnage removed
It lingers still haunting

Louder than the sobs
And the falling tears

Silence can echo
I swear it can
In the hearts of the ones we lost
The ones we didn’t know

After the accused go to trial
And in the moment when the gavel strikes

Silence can echo
I swear it can
That day back at school
With a few gone forever

When no one looks
Back at the empty desk

Silence can echo
Can you hear it?

1 comment:

Miranda said...

yay emmy janus will deff. take it go u!! hehe c u laters!!

Words of Wisdom

  • Wicked, By Gregory Maguire
  • Son of a Witch, by Gregory Maguire
  • Lockpick Pornography, by Joey Camaeu
  • Extemely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer
  • The Book Theif, by Markus Zusak