1/02/2007

Burning Embers

The sparks fly up
While embers burn
I thought that they were angry
Thought that they wanted my blood
The many years of running
From the light of them
Afraid of their warmth
Afraid that it would burn
And only after you showed me otherwise
Only after you threw a white-hot coal my way
Did I learn otherwise
I learned that they only wanted to comfort
That their light was wondrous
And that together they cannot burn
Learned that I wanted them
Wanted their tingles all over me
And the weird glow that it gave me
That motivation I was lacking

I only hope that it gave you as much as it gave me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My computer was having complications (Malware and Viruses), I can't get on AIM. I'm only able to check email/blog every once in a while.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I found a webpage that let's you use MSN messenger and few others without having to install the actual program. Very handy, but it doesn't have AIM.

Words of Wisdom

  • Wicked, By Gregory Maguire
  • Son of a Witch, by Gregory Maguire
  • Lockpick Pornography, by Joey Camaeu
  • Extemely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer
  • The Book Theif, by Markus Zusak