12/01/2006

Veil of Rose Colored Dust

Whispers beckon and laughter sings.
I am lost in this world of dreams.
But do I really wish to leave?
And let alone those who weep,
To shed tears of their own
While I try to cover mine.
A decision is forced upon me,
One I do not wish to take.
Leave forever this paradise,
And live in the world of the living,
With real ness all around.
Or help those who need help most,
Only to doom myself instead.
Self sacrifice or sacrifice those I love,
Fix my wounded heart and leave them to bleed,
Or tend their hurts and pains
While my broken self shatters beyond repair.
There is no gray, from what I can see.
Only this stark white and endless black.
Skip the stone and see where it lands,
But who will tend my broken heart?
In this world of dreams that seems so real,
Reality takes over and shows us a world of fire.
I wish I could have it all, the ice and warmth,
The pain and joy. But instead I have only one side,
Making me a biased lover indeed.
My apologies I so generously give
To all who must suffer my presence.
I am sorry for making this world a dark one you must live.
So sorry for hurting you, and sorry for leaving.
So sorry I am for every thing I have I done.
Nothing is right in this world of shadows.
That laughter is cruel, and the whispers angry.
A veil of dust settles coldly on the night.
The moon giving birth to truth and wisdom.
But I am stuck forever in the dawn.
The light of the moon and of the stars,
No longer showing themselves to I.
A veil of dust indeed, colored rose by these lies.
I wish I could live here forever with you,
But childhood, it would seem,
Can only last for so long.
And am I am afraid that my time has come.

No comments:

Words of Wisdom

  • Wicked, By Gregory Maguire
  • Son of a Witch, by Gregory Maguire
  • Lockpick Pornography, by Joey Camaeu
  • Extemely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer
  • The Book Theif, by Markus Zusak