12/13/2006

Cruel Dawn

It is hard to see
Through these tears of mine
But I like the way
They turn everything foggy

The sky blends to the grass
And the sun becomes the moon
With stars to light the affair
And all the while I dance in the rain

Wait for the morning to come
With lighter times and happier moments
Wait for the moon to set
And the stars will be gone

So I run while I can
Through the streets and woods
Pass the house I once called home
And the tree which was a fortress

And along my travels I meet a prince
Strong and mighty is he
Makes me laugh and smile
And together we are forever

We run together in the night
With only the moon to light the way
We hold hands in secret conference
And whisper our thoughts silently

And when it rains we do not hide
But bask in its glory
Let the rain wash off the dirt
And show us who we really are

But when morning does come
And the dust of the moonlight settles
Showing the mud and gutters
And taking away the illusion of happiness

My tears are once more
And my prince has gone home
The light has set right the con
With the coming of this cruel dawn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am made both happy and sad at once.

Miranda said...

and I'm the emo plz it was a bit happy but then like u wanna slit your wrists at the end lol anyways i really liked it i thought it was beautiful yay emmy hehe

Words of Wisdom

  • Wicked, By Gregory Maguire
  • Son of a Witch, by Gregory Maguire
  • Lockpick Pornography, by Joey Camaeu
  • Extemely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer
  • The Book Theif, by Markus Zusak