8/08/2007

Romeo, oh Romeo

I lost a child
With brilliant red hair
You know the one?
I don’t suppose you do
She was always quiet
And kept to herself
Invisible almost
But now that she is gone,
Lost forever I fear,
I can remember everything,
About her, lucid images
Flash before my eyes of things
That were once so trivial
The way she hated her hair
One minute
And loved it the next
The creek down the street
She would catch frogs in
The way she didn’t care
What others thought of her
She would spend all day
Blissfully listening to music
She never really understood
And reading of worlds unknown
She was enthusiastic about everything
Drew even though she wasn’t that good
Wrote when she didn’t know how
Laughed carelessly
And danced in the rain
But she is gone
Lost to love and pain
And all that is left in her wake
Is a shadow of what used to be

No comments:

Words of Wisdom

  • Wicked, By Gregory Maguire
  • Son of a Witch, by Gregory Maguire
  • Lockpick Pornography, by Joey Camaeu
  • Extemely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer
  • The Book Theif, by Markus Zusak