8/09/2007

I have seen
This world
Burn
Sky and land
Turned to
Smoke and ash.
I have heard
Children cry
Angel’s voices
Lost in shouts
Of anger.
I have felt
A lover’s touch
Cringe from
Who they
Dare not say.
I have tasted
The salt
Of sweat
As I fight
Not to weep

In silent solitude
I wait
In screaming contemplation
I walk
In ear shattering stillness
I watch
With odds beyond logic
I hope
With a heart full of loss
I love
Torn in moral pieces
I support
With ears full of deaf melodies
I listen
To screams of pain I caused
I do nothing
For nothing can be done

No comments:

Words of Wisdom

  • Wicked, By Gregory Maguire
  • Son of a Witch, by Gregory Maguire
  • Lockpick Pornography, by Joey Camaeu
  • Extemely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer
  • The Book Theif, by Markus Zusak