Don’t know if this means anything
If my attempts to righten things ever work
I don’t know if this will straighten things out
But I am doing it nonetheless
It’s upsetting to admit this
But it’s not all for you
My words fall on deaf ears most of the times
But the fact that I said them still helps someone
Even if that person is only me
So I will put on a serious face
Attempt that stare of mine that can freeze fire
Try to convince you that I have not given up yet
Tell you things I hardly believe myself
Even if in the end there is no one wiser
Even though we are both still awake
At five in the morning, trying hard to figure things out
Trying to just think without our minds interrupting
If there is one thing that you can take away from me
I hope that it is this; I may not have been able to do it
But that doesn’t mean that it’s undoable
So lay down at night while willing your brain to stop
And it won’t, no matter how many times you threaten it with a Q-Tip
Deal with the constant chatter
The worry and the doubt
Learn to get past all of that
And maybe you will learn to listen to what’s really important
What your mind has been trying to tell you
When you just want to sleep
1/11/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Words of Wisdom
- Wicked, By Gregory Maguire
- Son of a Witch, by Gregory Maguire
- Lockpick Pornography, by Joey Camaeu
- Extemely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer
- The Book Theif, by Markus Zusak

2 comments:
We would make a great husband and wife.
But I don't know if that's what I want quite yet.
And by the way...no, you words haven't fallen on deaf ears most of the time, just a dumb mouth.
Post a Comment