11/11/2006

You Don't Know Me

It's a funny thing, the way that we think. Going about our days, never looking back. Until we lay down to sleep, and all of the things that we said, all the things that we did, come flooding back in a river so powerful, so strong that we can do nothing but accept its message. We review our day critically, picking apart the very essence of who we are with things like "I should have done this" or "Why did I say that?" when deep down, when it comes to core of things, all that really matters is what we decide to think about ourselves because of it. Because of our actions, what do we think of ourselves, better or worse. Does what we said or did really matter in the long run, or was it just practice, for the things that do. All that I can say is this; I haven't said or done enough, I haven't done what I should have done, the things that I have said are far less than perfect, and what I feel because of this is not happiness, but rather regret. And that, regretting the things that have passed, is one feeling that no person should have to live with. Regretting the very person that you have become, the character that you have created inside of yourselves. No one, and I repeat NO ONE should live with that. I say this now as an awakening. I am awake. The practice is over, the trial run complete, and the finals are here. What I say, do, and think from this moment on is real. More real than anything that I have ever said, done, or felt before. And I plan on sharing it with everyone. Especially the person that gave it to me. TO that person I dedicate this to, weather they realize it or not, they have saved me and I owe them a great deal. Thank you so much, and I hope that, for now, this is enough to repay your good deeds and the care that you given to me. Thank you, truly. I feel alive, I feel solid, I feel like me. For the first time in my short life, that seems much longer than it really is, I feel like I belong. I feel like the person that I am is good enough and those who think otherwise will just have to suck it, because this is who I am, and you don't know me.

1 comment:

Christopher said...

This is sad, but it's joyful in a way, to overcome, to thank someone, I like it a lot.

Words of Wisdom

  • Wicked, By Gregory Maguire
  • Son of a Witch, by Gregory Maguire
  • Lockpick Pornography, by Joey Camaeu
  • Extemely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer
  • The Book Theif, by Markus Zusak