7/12/2006

Bad Me

This is not a poem. I will go ahead and say that right from the start so I do not try and mold it into one, or lie to myself and say that it is. You see, I do not like posting non-poems on my site. I have no clue why, so don’t ask. But I needed to write something. You see, I am an insomniac. That is I would be if I didn’t write. And that means that when I have the brick wall in form of me, known so commonly as writers block, I can not sleep. This is a problem because I worked nine hours today and I must work eleven hours tomorrow and last night I only got 3 hours of sleep. See, problem. So I am writing this ranting, meandering, tangent of a piece to attempt to sleep a few winks (that was fun to write) tonight. Wow. That makes no sense. You do not wink when you are sleeping so why do people say that they are trying to sleep a few winks? Yet another mystery of this messed up world that we live in.
After reading that last paragraph I have decided that my vocabulary sucks. I declare that I will learn a new word every day form now on. How much you wanna bet that that declaration will last a week before I declare, silently of course, that I can not do it. Or even, better yet, I simply forget that I ever made that declaration in the first place. The story of my life; unfinished works and unfulfilled goals. I wish I wasn’t lazy. That would solve all my problems. Like instead of talking to who ever reads this, if any one does, I should try to change. But it is 12:45 and I am tired as hell, but I can’t sleep because too much is on my mind. If only I knew what all of that was I might be able to think it all through and go to bed. But instead it is in a locked drawer that I know not where the key is. What an irking predicament. I like that word, predicament. Its fun to say and I can say it all the time because hey, guess what, I am always in one.
New topic any one? How about the fact that I haven’t written in any of my stories for a week? Or the one where I am over worked and tired? Oh, right, already covered that one. Well how about the one that I am bored with my life and need a change of scenery, a turn from the norm? Or how about the one where I am sick and tired of talking instead but I cant seem to find the motivation to do anything? That one sounds good, but I am too tired to write any more tonight.

2 comments:

NateTheBum said...

How have you been doing lately? You haven't written for a while. You seem troubled. I am adding you as an AIM contact.
I'm NatetheNoodle, so don't be freaked out.

Miranda said...

didn't that rant feel good i love doing that it really helps sometimes to let it out even if no ones listening

Words of Wisdom

  • Wicked, By Gregory Maguire
  • Son of a Witch, by Gregory Maguire
  • Lockpick Pornography, by Joey Camaeu
  • Extemely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer
  • The Book Theif, by Markus Zusak