5/25/2006

Ink Dragon

There are elves with magic horses and witches fighting vampires. Confused teens trying to figure life out and crazy killers arguing with themselves about right and wrong. Every day I live in here. Every day I escape to this. Create and mold, shape and hold. I love them and they love me. They are me and I am them. They are words, wondrous and magical words. On second thought, they are not really words, they are ink dragons. And they fly around my room at night, my dreams giving them flight.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

i'm bored emmy entertain me i miss u we neeed to do something im tired 2 *yawns* u r never online *pouts a little* well whatever im being childish now i like your writing though good stuff hehe byes

NateTheBum said...

(A continuation of my first comment on your 'Venting' poem.)

I really like this poem. I feel exactly the same way. I love fantasy and sci-fi, and sometimes prefer them to reality.
I have dozens and dozens of books that I cherish fondly, and pick up every once in a while to read a short section and remember all the memories associated with it.
But I can get lost in a book for hours and hours, and there can be nothing but good out them. And reading your poem makes me very sentimental.

"On second thought, they are not really words, they are ink dragons."
That almost gives me goose bumps. Because many characters and ideas in my books have helped me tremendously in the moral/intellectual aspect of my life.

Thanks for this one.

Words of Wisdom

  • Wicked, By Gregory Maguire
  • Son of a Witch, by Gregory Maguire
  • Lockpick Pornography, by Joey Camaeu
  • Extemely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer
  • The Book Theif, by Markus Zusak