5/10/2006

Hard and Fast

Hard and fast I fell
Like many times before
What makes this different
I ask myself
Than any time that past

It is the way I know not you
Nor the shield erected with careful precision
For years of hatred and pain
Shut up in a world so dark and cold
I long to see underneath it all
To poke and prod and have reaction
My touch does not reach beyond the shell
Please let my heat melt the ice

You have so long called it home
I need to see inside so much
Need to see the real you
But behind your walls you stay so still
With not so much as a whisper
Those tears of yours just freeze in place
To haunt you ever more
In silent dreams you waste

My love please let me in
Ask me naught, just please open
I need to feel that warmth
I know is down there, deep
For I grow colder still
Without your loving touch
Not only yourself do you wither down to naught
But I too shall follow suit

To live a life with out love
Because love has betrayed your heart time again
Is to live a life in silent tears
And resent loving sobs

1 comment:

Miranda said...

omg this is like fing amazing i would say more but you would yell at me so i wont luv ya tons c u later *::kisses::*

Words of Wisdom

  • Wicked, By Gregory Maguire
  • Son of a Witch, by Gregory Maguire
  • Lockpick Pornography, by Joey Camaeu
  • Extemely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer
  • The Book Theif, by Markus Zusak