4/05/2006

Right, Wrong, and Death

It was said, a long time ago, that perfection is not possible, that only one who can be serene with himself as he was born is perfect and that said perfection is only obtained in the mind of a man, not the form, thoughts, or actions. Yet society strived to be perfect and wanted every one to follow. Models were tall, sculpted, beautiful in every way imaginable, and became the role models of the world’s youth. Intelligence over stupidity, beauty over ugliness, height over stunted growth. These are what the leaders, the owners, the thinkers, the role models, all wanted and there for what every one else wanted. Perfect. It is only natural to want beauty, brains, and kindness in a mate and there for this is what is socially acceptable. After the out-lawing of same sex relations one who doesn’t follow the unwritten code of what is and what isn’t Socially Acceptable is instantly ostracized and casted out of said society. This is what the world has come to. This is the world that our fathers’ fought, died, and worked hard to make for us. This is the world that I live in.
But how, you ask, can one such as yourself feel this way? How can a truly perfect being feel that it is wrong to love and even worship perfect people? Because I, unlike you and your damned “Society”, am human. I feel things. I think things. And I do not follow any one that I am morally opposed to. Now you ask how can a killer, a being that was made for the destruction of other human beings, have things such as morals. This is how; we will all die. Weather it be today, tomorrow, next week, in fifty years or a hundred makes no difference. What you do on your last day on this retched earth does not make you who you are. It is what you have done in the past that matters. If you were ever asked “What will you do on your last day on Earth?” you should be able to respond “Nothing different than what I have done for the past twenty”. What you do is who you are and one damn day can’t, won’t, and never will change that. So, yes I am a killer, yes I have morals, yes I believe in right and wrong. But it is I who makes these morals, not society. It is I who decides what is right and wrong for myself. To decide for any one else would be a mental dictatorship and that is wrong, in my opinion.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

i envy for i do not have the skill to speak my mind while making sense but u do and so its not fair and u cheated so there!!! hehe

Words of Wisdom

  • Wicked, By Gregory Maguire
  • Son of a Witch, by Gregory Maguire
  • Lockpick Pornography, by Joey Camaeu
  • Extemely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer
  • The Book Theif, by Markus Zusak