9/01/2008

Waiting

Patiently impatient
For a dream that may never come
She says it’s a nightmare
Says it’s not something I really want
But I know how this heart of mine works
By this point in time
I know how this heart of mine works
Well enough to know
This dream of mine
Is not the terror of demons she speaks
Nor the ugly tragedy she denies
But rather the dream I long for
The dream I’ll wait for
Full of beauty in a bloody guise
Hatred wearing a mask of lies
All of which I yearn to see the truth in
But more than that
I’ll wait for the day she gives up willingly
The day she’ll stop fighting with herself
Stop fighting with me
And give me my dream of her own accord

1 comment:

NateTheBum said...

Mmmm, unrequited love.

Words of Wisdom

  • Wicked, By Gregory Maguire
  • Son of a Witch, by Gregory Maguire
  • Lockpick Pornography, by Joey Camaeu
  • Extemely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer
  • The Book Theif, by Markus Zusak