7/22/2008

I can't do this. I can't sit here and get called selfish and self centered and unkind and a bitch by my own mother while he is on the other side of the world. I can't love someone who I can't touch, who I can't hold. I can't do this. I can't have him as my only source of strength, sitting there thinking to myself I'll talk to him soon and everything will okay again. I can't put everything I have on him, give everything I am to him. I can't wait for him only to have him leave again. I can't wait for over a year for my life to start. I can't do this. So how the hell am I? Tell me how I sat there literally biting my tongue, the inside of my cheek all torn up now, when she talked? How did I not scream at the top of my lungs? How am I doing this? And how do I make it easier?

2 comments:

Joyful Thiek said...

'I can't love someone who I can't touch, who I can't hold'. Don't take this the wrong way, but it seems to me you're definition of love contradicts the fact that love is not physical. Love, let's say, is a tie of affection that binds two hearts. And the physical relationship is the physical manifestation of love.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, you can love someone you can't touch, in fact, because love is unconditional and unaware of distances or time.
Do I make any sense..lol?
Tk care!!

There I Was, Here I Go said...

I wasn't speaking seriously. Of course it's possible to love someone out of my reach, but the fact that it is possible doesn't make doing so any easier.

Words of Wisdom

  • Wicked, By Gregory Maguire
  • Son of a Witch, by Gregory Maguire
  • Lockpick Pornography, by Joey Camaeu
  • Extemely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer
  • The Book Theif, by Markus Zusak