I can see the bottle
Laying there so innocent
I remember thinking
It’s all in good fun
I can taste the bitterness
A sticky substance
Left over in the very air
I remember thinking
It would all pass with time
I can hear the sobs
She’s weeping for him
I remember thinking
Not too long ago
That it was her fault as well
But now I see the poison
Seeping into parched veins
I remember the past
And it is all coming together now
I can hear the singing now
Ringing in the air
Like some fucked up anthem
I remember the past
What happened so many nights
When it was all in good fun
Until the ugliness set in
And I can see she weeps
For not only him
But for me as well
3/19/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Words of Wisdom
- Wicked, By Gregory Maguire
- Son of a Witch, by Gregory Maguire
- Lockpick Pornography, by Joey Camaeu
- Extemely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer
- The Book Theif, by Markus Zusak

1 comment:
Well, best of luck in leaving Ohio! (Pennsylvanian weather is a lot like that too, actually)
Post a Comment