She never looked into the mirror
Too afraid of what she would see
Never thought of what she could assume
Just by looking at my eyes
She never knew who she was
Never cared to look too deep
She didn’t see that what I was
Was only what she made in her own image
I always told her what they would say
So she didn’t get surprised
She always asked me what to do
So she didn’t get carried away
But when this moon sets
It’s all over for the two of us
She stepped too far
And missed the point of it all
‘Cause what they’ll say
Is only the truth
Yeah they’ll say
That she was beautiful
And she was a dreamer
And she never really let it go
She never looked into the mirror
Too afraid that it would shatter
Never though of what happened
Whenever I looked into her eyes
She never knew who she was
Didn’t want to go too deep
Never once realized
That who she was was all I ever would be
I always told her what they would say
So she didn’t get surprised
She always asked me what to do
So she didn’t get carried away
But when this moon sets
It’s all over for the two of us
She stepped too far
And missed the point of it all
‘Cause what they’ll say
Is only the truth
Yeah they’ll say
That she was perfect
And she was fighter
And she never really let me go
11/16/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Words of Wisdom
- Wicked, By Gregory Maguire
- Son of a Witch, by Gregory Maguire
- Lockpick Pornography, by Joey Camaeu
- Extemely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer
- The Book Theif, by Markus Zusak

1 comment:
Merry Thanksgiving, Emily.
Post a Comment