It starts off low and slow
With a bass to be reckoned with
Maybe a beat thrown in
Just to make things interesting
And before you know it
I have burst into the chorus
That is all about the people we knew
And those we didn’t
Heavy undertones
That resemble shades of purple
Weaving and winding
Just to complicate things more
And who said that
It was over at goodbye
With a wave and a hug
And a bitter taste left over
Was the only reminder
We ever got
Was the only warning
We would ever receive
It starts off low and heavy
With someone crying on the bass
My heart the only drum
Making it mellow and sad
And before you know it
Our lips are touching
And things start to get interesting
With a chorus bursting through
My sealed teeth
How I can sing with you standing
So close is beyond me
But I manage to do it
And it’s no mystery who the song is for
And who said that
It was over at goodnight
With a gentle brush
And a hesitant smile
Your taste still lingers
And it’s the only reminder
I will ever have
The only warning
I ever got
That is was over
And who said that
It was over at goodbye
With a wave and a hug
And a bitter taste left over
Was the only reminder
We ever got
Was the only warning
We would ever receive
That it would never really end
10/16/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Words of Wisdom
- Wicked, By Gregory Maguire
- Son of a Witch, by Gregory Maguire
- Lockpick Pornography, by Joey Camaeu
- Extemely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer
- The Book Theif, by Markus Zusak

No comments:
Post a Comment